Tales of Redemption: The Tree Dragon Chronicles
Not the Tree-Dragon you're looking for.
NAME: Kizl Nelithi
OTHER ALIASES: None
R.C.C.: Forest Runner Dragon Hatchling
EXPERIENCE: 3500 out of 5,000
HEIGHT: 15 feet
WEIGHT: 1,100 lbs
AGE: One Month-ish
DISPOSITION: Innocent, curious, wary, timid
IQ: 23 (+ 9% to skills)
ME: 16 (+ 1 vs psionics/insanity)
MA: 24 (80% Trust/Intimidate)
PS: 23 (4D6+8 S.D. restrained, 2D6 M.D. full)
PP: 19 (+ 2 strike/parry/dodge)
PB: 19 (45% Charm/Impress)
SPD (running): 143 (97.5 m.p.h.)
SPD (flying): 29 (19.8 m.p.h.)
Horror Factor: 10
NOTEWORTHY SPECIAL ABILITIES:
1. Natural Abilities: Nightvision 600 feet, hawk-like vision (can see a rabbit clearly or read a sign at up to two miles away), see the invisible, able to hear a whisper at up to 200 feet away, takes half damage from fire and cold, bio-regenerates 3D6 M.D.C. per melee round (1D6×10+10 per minute), +1D6 M.D. due to claws, Bite attack does 3D6 M.D..
2. Metamorphosis: Can transform into any living creature no smaller than a cat and no larger than his natural form. This metamorphosis only instills the looks of the creature, none of it’s natural abilities. The Dragon retains all of its abilities regardless of form. The transformation can last up to three hours per level – that time is tripled if on or near a ley line or nexus (within two miles). One full melee is required to perform.
3. Teleport: Can teleport at will up to five miles away. A failed roll means the teleport did not happen. A teleport attempt can be made once every other melee round. When at a Ley Line Nexus, the hatching can attempt a Dimensional Teleport at half the percentage chance. Chance to teleport: 37% + 2% per level
4. Chameleon Scales: The color, pattern and texture of the skin/scales only (not clothes or jewelery) can be changed to adapt to any situation. The Hatchling’s skin can look like rippling water, moving or stationary leaves, green grass and scrub, sand, dirt and rocks, brick wall/concrete, tree bark, and similar “natural earth” colors, shading, and environments with exactly the right shades and reflections. This ability is so fast that the dragon’s skin can take on the appearance of a brick wall, and the lines of the bricks will move across the body as fast as the character can run (01-80% chance of remaining unseen!). Bright colors cannot be done (red, pink, bright blue, iridescent, or neon), only earth colors.
5. Poison Breath: Functions like tear gas, causing victims to choke and experience temporary blindness unless a save versus non-lethal poison is made. All who are blind are -10 to strike, parry and dodge. Range: 40 feet. Affects a 10 foot area. The vapors dissipate within five seconds. The poison breath may be used twice per melee. Effects last 1D4+1 minutes.
6. Automatically senses Ley Lines and Nexus Points within a 20 mile (32 km) range.
7. Automatically senses other Dragons within visual contact, up to 4,000 feet away.
ATTACKS PER MELEE: Five
BONUSES: +4 on initiative, +3 to Perception rolls, +3 to strike, +6 to parry and dodge, +9 to dodge while running, +5 to pull punch, +4 to roll with impact, +5 to save versus Horror Factor, +9% to all skills, +3 to save versus psionics and insanity, +2 on all other saving throws, +8 to S.D.C. hand to hand damage.
COMBAT MOVES/MANEUVERS: Restrained punch (4D6+8 S.D.), Full strength punch (2D6 M.D.), Bite (3D6 M.D.), Claw Swipe damage: 3D6 M.D., Power Punch (4D6 M.D.), Bite (3D6 M.D.), Kick (1D8), Parry, Dodge, Pull Punch, Entangle, Roll with Punch/Fall/Impact, Tail Slap (2D6 M.D.), Wing Attack (Basic) (2D6 M.D.), Crush (2D6/4D6 M.D.)
Language: American 98%
Language: Dragonese/Elven 98%
Literacy: American 98%
Literacy: Dragonese/Elven 98%
Lore: Demons & Monsters 34% + 5%
Mathematics: Basic 98%
Prowl: 39% +5%
Philosophy 44% + 5%
Recognize Magic Circles & Enchantment 54% +5%
Surveillance – Tailing 44% + 5%
Swimming 59% + 5%
Trap & Mine Detection 34% + 5%
Ventriloquism 29% +4%
PSIONICS: Meditation, Suppress Fear (8 I.S.P., 1 minute per level), Alter Aura (2 I.S.P., 1 hour per level), Death Trance (1 I.S.P., 4 days), Empathy (4 I.S.P., 2 minutes per level), Mask I.S.P. & Psionics (7 I.S.P., 10 minutes per level), Mask P.P.E. (4 I.S.P., 10 minutes per level), Mind Block (4 I.S.P., 10 minutes per level), Sixth Sense (2 I.S.P., 1 melee), Telepathy (4 I.S.P., 2 minutes per level),
MAGIC: Blinding Flash (1+), Globe of Daylight (2), Sense Magic (4), Armor of Ithan (10), Float in Air (5), Electric Arc (8), Exorcism (30),
MISC. EQUIPMENT: Radio, Book (Journal of Wrought)
It’s been over a month since Kizl crawled out of his egg and into the Rifts world. Everything is new to him. All life fascinates him (especially since so much of it is so fragile), but Humans especially intrigue him like no other creature. Of course, all bipedal creatures, whether Human, D-Bee, Supernatural or Magical will be considered Human by Kizl until he learns otherwise. It’s all a part of growing up.